No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175103 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
So here comes the Kosta Boda themed display.

Aaaaaah, how nice to see a Kosta Boda display like that. When I first started collecting, I was drooling over newly available Kosta Boda pieces (especially the Göran Wharff ones were gorgeous) at my local art glass shop. But the prices were so not my budget, that I gave up after getting one little Anna Ehrer Atoll candle holder.

Thanks for sharing it, Ross!

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline meegs

• Members
Leni
The amber scmetterling is making me envious and provoked a rampant desire to collect another example (or more) of this fabulous vase.
I think I'll go amber next time I change glass around...
Cheers
Meegs

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
Must keep an eye out for a Siddy Langley Pwt - they look lovely.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I like the yellow/uranium sort of triple ogee vase/bowl on Leni's window sill  -  might it be Webb Leni?? :)      I managed to get another display cabinet into the house recently -don't know how - and had a hectic time moving furniture around in 'my room' to accommodate the piece.   Have loaded it with British pieces  -  then there's the triple doored cabinet, now in such a mess (with glass sitting inside glass) that I call it eclectic.      Then the last pic. shows two pieces from  Mr. Baxter, no doubt collecting a lot of d.....
And I still have one more small cabinet to fill, but despite sleepless nights I really don't know where to put it  -  My OH says you can have too much of a good thing, and it should go out into the shed...............  :o

Offline Leni

• Members
Oooh!  You have some lovely glass there, Paul!  :hiclp:  And I do understand the "Where to put another cabinet?" problem only too well!  ::)  ;D 

Yes, my bowl is Webb 'Sunshine Amber' - discussed in this thread http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37484.0.html  :D 

I only quite recently started putting glass inside other glass, so I guess I've still got a way to go yet, although my OH has long given up on the "You can have too much of a good thing" line   :24:  :pb:

Leni

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :bat:  oooh Paul and everyone I might just turn into a cat burglar one of these fine nights!   Love the eclectic look -----   :hiclp: cheers steph.

Offline Leni

• Members
OK, now this really is my last  :-[  Some contemporary pieces in the conservatory.  And that really is enough from me  :wsh:
Leni

Offline ahremck

• Members
Wow - kept the best for last !  I particularly like the two vases in the back row either side of that very interesting dish.  Who are they by, Leni. 

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Phil

• Members
beautiful glass - lovely collections - thanks to all for sharing

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
The "vase" on the right of Leni's unusual picture piece is not a vase Paul, - it's a "Spectrum" sculpture by Nikki Williams - Kinkiglass. I suspect the piece on the left is our Adam Aaronson.
I want to know what the picture piece is, Leni, and why I've not seen it before! :-*

The horsey vase is I believe, Malcolm Sutcliffe, and the blue plate is by Allister Malcolm.
(how'm I doing Leni?)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand