No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175045 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Well my wife nixed the Danish Glass display - "something brighter" she who must be obeyed, said.  So here comes the Kosta Boda themed display.

Above - includes my first bit of KB the Galaxy Red vase - a gift from a visitor I had run around for a few days.  Bigger bits

Top Shelf - The special bit is the PWt third from the left.  It has Goran Warff's personal signature and he also signed it Melbourne(where I live).  About 8 designers represented.

Middle Shelf - I think all are Bertil Vallien designs (maybe the U vase is not).  The Network bowl is not signed.

Bottom Shelf - I particularly like the Warff bowl at the centre back - even though it is dull here - you can see a better photo at http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10901/thumb_Dish_-_backlit.jpg .  I also am partial to the Boda biomorphics - of which I show four here.  I would love to find out the designer & approximate date of manufacture.  Shown are BODA 2349/1  2349/3   2395/2  2295 and I also have 2380/1 & 2380/3.

Enjoy.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
Oops done it again - how about some photos!!!!    :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[   :thup:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline singingyamada

• Members
i LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
So do I - it is great to see how diverse people's collections/displays are.  And to dream of finding the same bits here.

Ross

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Wonderful pieces Ross,  I especially love Scandi Glass, and I really like your collection. Thanks for sharing. :kissy:
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Leni

• Members
Thanks for reviving this thread again!  I was just sitting here in the sunshine in my conservatory and I realised I hadn't shown a picture of my most favourite display - the conservatory window sill.  This is my favourite room, and some of my favourite glass and when the sun shines (never mind that it shows it's time to dust yet again  ::) ) I feel my heart lifted  :sun:

Leni

Offline ahremck

• Members
Wow!  Lovely items Leni.  I particularly like the small vases and the two Pwts near the large amber vase - who made them.

Rosie - there is still Orrefors, Sundry Scandi, Murano, Whitefriars(part), USA/Canada(part), and perhaps an Australian/NZ display or two.  I am having the fun of seeing so many of those loved pieces that have been "in the garage" for far too long.  Come to think of it a Stuart Crystal, Webb/Webb&Corbett, etc.   A piece from every country - would be 22 or 23 countries - pick some larger pieces and that could make an interesting display.  I have lots of potential - I will start planning a new one ASAP.

Ross

PS.  I am attaching a decent photo of my 2 favourite Warff items.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
OOOH Leni, and everyone, I'd forgotten this thread.... how could I????  :hiclp:  Oh, for some of you sun Leni, and Ross the KB displays are lovely, give her in charge a big thanks....! :thup:

I've just changed a window it's crammed with blues, I'll do a pic later....cheers steph.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
I can see I will have to get my camera out again!!! ;D

Ross, that is one wonderful paperweight,  it looks like a Jellyfish!! :o

Leni,  I love all of your glass, the swans are so elegant,  I still remember feeling totally moved and exhilarated from the first pictures you showed of the swans on the Conservatory shelves.......beautiful,  and of course there is nothing like sunlight to show glass off to its best effect....but you lost a Brownie point mentioning the D*** word!!!!! :24:

Looking forward to yours Steph!! :thup:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Leni

• Members
I particularly like the small vases and the two Pwts near the large amber vase - who made them.
Ross, the two paperweights are by Siddy Langley.  Which small vases did you mean?  The two on each side of the Amber Schmetterling are Mdina 'pulled ears' vases  - I love that name!  ;D   
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand