Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 21970 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
So here comes the Kosta Boda themed display.

Aaaaaah, how nice to see a Kosta Boda display like that. When I first started collecting, I was drooling over newly available Kosta Boda pieces (especially the Göran Wharff ones were gorgeous) at my local art glass shop. But the prices were so not my budget, that I gave up after getting one little Anna Ehrer Atoll candle holder.

Thanks for sharing it, Ross!

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline meegs

• Members
Leni
The amber scmetterling is making me envious and provoked a rampant desire to collect another example (or more) of this fabulous vase.
I think I'll go amber next time I change glass around...
Cheers
Meegs

Offline ahremck

• Members
Must keep an eye out for a Siddy Langley Pwt - they look lovely.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I like the yellow/uranium sort of triple ogee vase/bowl on Leni's window sill  -  might it be Webb Leni?? :)      I managed to get another display cabinet into the house recently -don't know how - and had a hectic time moving furniture around in 'my room' to accommodate the piece.   Have loaded it with British pieces  -  then there's the triple doored cabinet, now in such a mess (with glass sitting inside glass) that I call it eclectic.      Then the last pic. shows two pieces from  Mr. Baxter, no doubt collecting a lot of d.....
And I still have one more small cabinet to fill, but despite sleepless nights I really don't know where to put it  -  My OH says you can have too much of a good thing, and it should go out into the shed...............  :o

Offline Leni

• Members
Oooh!  You have some lovely glass there, Paul!  :hiclp:  And I do understand the "Where to put another cabinet?" problem only too well!  ::)  ;D 

Yes, my bowl is Webb 'Sunshine Amber' - discussed in this thread http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37484.0.html  :D 

I only quite recently started putting glass inside other glass, so I guess I've still got a way to go yet, although my OH has long given up on the "You can have too much of a good thing" line   :24:  :pb:

Leni

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :bat:  oooh Paul and everyone I might just turn into a cat burglar one of these fine nights!   Love the eclectic look -----   :hiclp: cheers steph.

Offline Leni

• Members
OK, now this really is my last  :-[  Some contemporary pieces in the conservatory.  And that really is enough from me  :wsh:
Leni

Offline ahremck

• Members
Wow - kept the best for last !  I particularly like the two vases in the back row either side of that very interesting dish.  Who are they by, Leni. 

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Phil

• Members
beautiful glass - lovely collections - thanks to all for sharing

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
The "vase" on the right of Leni's unusual picture piece is not a vase Paul, - it's a "Spectrum" sculpture by Nikki Williams - Kinkiglass. I suspect the piece on the left is our Adam Aaronson.
I want to know what the picture piece is, Leni, and why I've not seen it before! :-*

The horsey vase is I believe, Malcolm Sutcliffe, and the blue plate is by Allister Malcolm.
(how'm I doing Leni?)
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com