No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175093 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Michael, flowers in a glass vase AND water?  :thud:

Very decadent, indeed.

P.S.  Thank you for making me laugh at my own ridiculousness...  I got a lovely little bunch of flowers from my Dad and decided to display them in a Krosno drinking glass only because I had 'no other vase'.  In fact, I've got well over 60 vases in my home.   ::)

A picture of my now-wilting flowers in a glass:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Anik, wouldn't those have fit quite nicely in your Ząbkowice midget vase? :)

I like to use my vases (and ashtrays :sm:) for their intended purpose; but I have to admit that some vases just wouldn't look good with flowers in them...

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
white and amber with new pieces now on display  :)
m

Offline keith

• Members
After looking at all these very neat and dust free beautiful displays I had to do a bit to mine,still not tidy ::),these are some of my Brit' glass shelves.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Anik, wouldn't those have fit quite nicely in your Ząbkowice midget vase? :)

I like to use my vases (and ashtrays :sm:) for their intended purpose; but I have to admit that some vases just wouldn't look good with flowers in them...

Michael, I honestly did try putting my flowers into the little Drost vase, but the bunch was too big.  That's why I settled for a Krosno glass.  I think I'd have a very hard time using any of my Czech vases for their intended purpose though...

It's wonderful that you use your pieces.  I really am in awe, but the thought of you using your ashtrays makes me shiver -- I know what my Luminarc ashtray looks like after butting-out in it for some time.  It certainly ain't pretty. 

Offline Gary

• Members
My theme is Monart miniature and small pieces.
Gary

1 O shape: 2 BJ: 3 Y: 4 A: 5 GE: 6 Y: 7 QJ: 8 GE: 9 BJ: 10 SA: 11 KI: 12 GG: 13 MB: 14 TB.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
ooh very pretty they are  :clap:   I like them grouped together, beautiful colours.
This is my new display of Moretti vases now I have finally found a yellow  :rah:
m

Offline ahremck

• Members
Well done Gary - that has upped the ante for all of us - labelled displays.   Very cool  :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Looking at a very recent uranium glass post, it struck me how varied the daylight colours can be.........so here are some colour variations, and you will have to take my word for it that they do all glow.    Won't itemize them all, but just to say they include Bagley, Webbs, R/Brierley (possibly), J. Derbyshire (the tall goblet in pic. two), Davidson, Richardson, Baccarat, Jobling (jade), S. Reich, Percival Vickers (possibly) and Stevens & Williams (possibly), and of course there are some I will never know.   The two squat yellowish necked vases are possibly unused cameo blanks, and you can see the goblet in Cyril Manley's book on page 102 (if only it actually was that one ;)).     I have posted the globular crimson streaked bowl before, but it remained uncommented on.    It is very unusual, and had it not been uranium cud possibly have been Scottish Clutha  -  I've seen pieces of dull green in the V. & A. with this almost blood red streaking  -  but I think it might be Continental.    Anyone like to have another stab at it?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Lovely. I think the range of uranium colours and shades of colours is fascinating (but then you probably guessed that) and I could add a few more, though you have some I don't have. Which is the Bagley?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand