No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 176045 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
sorry, not a very good start - going from memory I thought it was the small deco ish style tumbler just to the front left of the large S. Reich water jug.    It isn't, of course, and carries a Jobling No. 783048.    In fact the only piece of Bagley uranium that I can now remember positively, was a rather nice 'Carnival' pattern biscuit barrel (with lid)  -  but I'm fairly certain that piece was given the elbow in one of my regular clearouts - although it cud be in one of the sheds somewhere.    So apologies, please delete Bagley.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
no, as you were.................this is Bagley 'Cocktail Time Leaf Dish'...........although again I think it got the elbow some time last year - as I haven't seen it for a while.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Well what good taste you have Paul......I had a green art deco jug just like that  ( I sold it on eBay.....did you buy it??), and I have 3 of the Cocktail time divided dishes and a full dessert set....I hadn't realised they were Uranium glass though....never too old to learn eh?!
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Glad I'm not going potty! Not all green Cocktail Time is uranium. You'd need to check it with a UV light.

Offline mrvaselineglass

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.vaselineglass.org
Paul:  Your canoe with the daisy and button pattern (original name:  No. 101 Daisy and Button) was made by Hobbs, Brockunier and Co.  in Wheeling West Virginia USA and was originally advertised in Oct. 1884.  It is a pickle dish.  (By the way, I love the sunshine amber uranium glass, too!)

Mr. Vaseline Glass

Offline Paul S.

• Members
rosie - no wasn't me re buying your glass - to date I've not made a single purchase from ebay - wouldn't dare go down that road  -  I acquire too much as it is!
Dave -  appreciate the help with attribution - and must admit I hadn't a clue who produced the canoe, so very grateful for information.

just out of interest, I suspect that the 'chrysoprase' (the two opaque green vases) are the oldest by some way.........don't think they have the quality of Baccarat, so I'll go with Harrochov (possibly) sometime around 1830  -  1850  ish.....I think more likely Bohemian than French in view of the gold decoration (albeit somewhat worn).     However, I don't take a serious interest in uranium glass, and am more than happy to be corrected by the more knowedgable. :)

I forgot the 'rubina verde' - and shud also have included the opaque Fenton lime greenish 'shoe'  -  but suspect you all remember them from earlier posts anyway. :)

Offline suzygpr

• Members
I've been away from the forum for quite some time so I thought a little glimpse of some of my collection was a good way of saying hello again.

IOWSG - Gemstone

IOWSG - Aurene

And my favourite amethyst Mdina with a special Verdala bowl added to the mix.

Suzy xxx

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I'll have the bottom pic. collection, please.  :smg:
It's the amethyst flat bowl/plate and *that* fish which are truly tremendous bits - stuff that the fish doesn't have a pawmark on it's base - it's "signed" throughout. Just glorious!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
I have always collected mostly clear Victorian pressed glass.

A very small part of my collection on display I have well over 100 pieces .
I can find it very easily and for mostly small money and could add to it most weeks if I wanted , and I still use many of the items

Roy

Offline Leni

• Members
Suzy, I am  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: over your Gemstone lamp - and your beautiful amethyst Mdina  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :hiclp: 

Oh, and welcome back to the forum!  :hug:
Leni

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand