Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 29539 times)

Offline mrvaselineglass

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.vaselineglass.org
Roy
I spotted your SOMERSET compote (by Davidson) in the top photo, center of picture.   :thup:

Dave

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Suzy all lovely pieces - gorgeous colours.
Roy, they look fab against the dark wood.  I'm not a huge fan of pressed glass, but I have a few clear pieces given me by my aunt and I use them at Christmas - somehow they just hit the right note, I can't imagine serving cranberry sauce in anything other than a frilly clear pressed glass bowl  :)
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hey Suzi!! I am so glad you decided to say 'hello' again! What a greeting! They are all beautiful quality pieces....treasure!!

Roy they are lovely too..and my favourite trifle bowl is clear pressed glass....it was given by my Mother in Law, and I think of her every time I use it......nothing else is good enough!!

Have we reached the 'million' mark yet??  Is anybody counting!!??

Rosie.  :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :hi:  Hi Suzy, good to see some of your stuff....simply wonderful, you have a real 'designers eye' - that lamp shade magically pulls that display together brilliantly.  And Roy, it's great to know you use some of your wonderful pieces.  I like to use my glass where possible, but I think I'd be terrified to use either of your beautiful 'big' bits.

This thread has been a real eye opener...  thank you everyone  :kissy: cheers steph. 

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Thanks for all the comments - taking the pics did push me into dusting, desperately needed LOL

I've even managed to clear a small bit of space in which to squeeze a new lovely or two, just in time for the National.

Suzy xxx

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Ummmmmmmm...the D*** word!!!! :o  SUZY!!!! >:D
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline ahremck

• Members
Suzy those are wonderful pieces - I would be very happy to have any of them in my collection.  I like the irridescent swirls particularly.

Absolutely great presentation.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Ummmmmmmm...the D*** word!!!! :o  SUZY!!!! >:D

(http://www.gifanimations.com/GA/Image/ClipArt/Miscellaneous/clipart_misc_107.gif)      :24:        (http://www.gifanimations.com/GA/Image/ClipArt/Miscellaneous/clipart_misc_107.gif)   :thud:

;D
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline jimbo1

• Members
Hi all,

Loving this thread, I have been collecting glass for a number of years but my main collection is Whitefriar's but over the last year or two have been collecting Mdina and Isle of Wight. I have attached a picture of one corner of my Mdina collection, these are mainly fish/axe head vase's (my favourite) and some later IOW perfume bottles. I have another room with sculptures and early IOW. I also collect Exbor fish and animals. It's starting to become an obsession.

Will try and post some more pictures later.

James

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Oh........ growl!
You have a Crizzle Stone, and I don't know if it's one that has already been counted or not!
Whatever, it must be around 30 odd, by now.

Nice amethyst textured rectangular bottle. Scarce beastie - it is an unusual shape to find - even more so in amethyst!

There are getting just too many Mdina collectors now - it's all competition for the good stuff - go away, all of you, it's MINE! :tsk:
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com