Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 26723 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Nice onion vase too! :mrgreen:

We want/need photos of your other corners now. ;D

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
The Onion looks like one I've already seen, is it signed by Dobson? When the book was written, it was believed that Onions were very scarce. Then a "load" of them came out of the woodwork just after the book got published - so the "given" info was that they are not nearly as scarce as first thought.
However, the "glut" of them very quickly dried up.

And there's a small textured pot in amethyst.......

:spls: Do you not think Jimbo is stamping on our toes, John?  :thud:
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
James, they are fab!!  Now, I would like to see the Exbor animals......please.....have got a hedgehog?
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Wow James - you seem to have most of my 'most wanted' list on your shelves - just delightful!!!

More pics please!

Suzy xxx

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass

Incredible, James, thanks so much.   :hi:  Did you say you thought you were 'BECOMING' obsessed?  I'd say you've crossed the line already...... :spls:

Astrid thanks again for thumping the woodwork!!!  Who'd have thought so much brilliant stuff would come creeping out  :hiclp:

:hi: cheers steph.

Offline jimbo1

• Members
Thanks for the kind comments. The onion is signed Dobson but they are magnificent in the flesh a lot larger than I was expecting, it has many air bubble within the glass which add to the effect. The textured bottle is amethyst and lime green.

I have attached a picture of the Exbor animals and an Exbor vase with a wonderful effect, like oil on water. I do like the Fish but are getting hard to find.

Will get a picture of the early Isle of Wight soon.

Regards

James

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
OH WOW, James... I just love your Exbor animals!  You lucky, lucky, lucky man.  What a wonderful collection and display. 

:hi:
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Oh James, they are spectacular....words won't do......as Anik says, you are a lucky, lucky, lucky man. Thanks you for sharing them.
Rosie. :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand