No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175076 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Wow!  What a stunning display.  There is so much to look at.  I note you are a keen Danish collector - lots of Per Lutken - as am I.  I would like you to photograph "chunmks" of each wall so we could see the individual pieces in more detail - I am sure it would be fascinating.  Don't think I dislike the overall effect it is wonderful.  Well done.   :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:  :thup:

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
David, I love the room with all its shelving and glass!  How I wish I could have the very same here...  I have to find a way to convince Mr.-grumpy-I-dislike-your-glass-you've-gone-overboard-when-the-hell-is-this-going-to-stop to grace the walls (or at least one wall) in our office with the same.  I'm so terribly jealous.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Anik:

Thanks. I have to credit my wife. She suggested we change rooms and that I put up the shelves. Canadian women are wonderful.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Canadian women are wonderful.

Someone should tell my husband that.

P.S.  David, now, not only am I jealous of your room and shelving and glass, but I'm also jealous that you've got such an understanding spouse.  Dear me...  I need chocolate.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
I had a few other thoughts for my July theme, but when I read last night on the Czech forum that Mr. Frantisek Vizner died last week on July 1, there was no doubt that the best way to honour him was to take out a few of my Vizner pieces. As I don't have enough Vizner pieces yet to fill an entirely window sill, I surrounded his pieces by those of his contemporaries and colleagues, Jan Schmid, Jiri Brabec, Vladislav Urban, Rudolf Jurnikl and Frantisek Peceny.

Blue and clear were chosen to reflect peace and tranquility. Mr. Vizner, may you rest in peace and may your beautifully designed pieces of glass help to keep you alive in the memory of your family, friends, colleagues and collectors for a long time to come.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
How beautiful Astrid....what a wonderful tribute to such a talented man.  I am sure you have eloquently echoed all our feelings in your beautiful display. Thank you for that.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Astrid - you've made me drip! :cry:
 :-*
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Astrid, really a wonderful homage to Mr. Vizner.  I don't know what else to say... Beautiful.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
Astrid - what a lovely thought provoking celebration. Thanks so much for raising our awareness of these beautiful designs and their designers and for showing us the beauty of 'clean' glass sparkling in sunlight.   :-[  I think I need to have a clean up before the glass :no: turn up and accuse me of neglect!   

David, lovely displays, I'd work away happily in that room.... :thup:

cheers steph

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I like to keep this thread near the top so I can find it when looking to browse  ;D
iridescent group -

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand