No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 175137 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Well I moved out the Webb and for speed sake simply moved bits from the display cabinet that is not suitable for photos.  All naming left to right

Above cabinet: Orrefors, Kastrup, Emile R?, Caithness, Roberta Easton, Val St Lambert, Kastrup?,Stefanik, Greg Royer

Top Shelf:  Salviati(pair), Satin Glass vase, Hamish Donaldson, Colin Heaney vase, FM Ronneby Crystal Horse,Strombergshyttan Decanter, Ulrica Hydman-Vallien small vase, Herringbone pattern bowl, Bertil Vallien tornado small vase, Herringbone satin vase, small quilted two-tone vase, John Deacons Plums Pwt, French Decanter, Scottish Pwt, Lalique Dampierres Vase, Pr of Alsterfors candlesticks, Satin Glass vase, & the other of the Salviati pair.

Middle Shelf:  Reijmyre Owl, Sean O'Donohue irridescent vase, Sean O'Donohue perfume, Val St Lambert? cut to clear vase, Venetien Latticino Swirl bowl, Stephen Skillitzi Bowl, Venetian latticino vine leaf (my first buy), IOW Pink Ribbons vase, Caithness Orchid Vase,  Venetion swirl bowl, Baccarat Perfume bottle, Murano yellow PwtKralik Vase, Gerry Rielly Pwt,Akemi vase, and Lyndon Over(NZ) perfume.

Bottom Shelf:  Rollin Karg Magnum Pwt, Helmut heibl bowl, Harrtil bowl, Chris Pantano Rainforest Magnum Pwt, Villeroy & Boch platter. Val St Lambert ashtray, Kralik vase, Johansfors Raman vase, Hokatika(NZ) Crackle vase, Hoglund(NZ) vase & Keith Mahe(NZ) Koru Pwt.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
I will give up as it is too hard for me , if any one interested in seeing what we have can email me on rexrob56 AT ehw.net.au  and can send photos , we have approx 100 walther pieces , same in Davidson , a fair few brockwitz and unknown czech ,plus a lot of vases and candle holders that we dont know what they are , i also collect Aussie crown stuff , i am makeing a couple of art deco lamps from a couple of glass light shades that a pom mate gave me from London i think are a type of cloud glass , REX

Mod:  @ sign changed for safety reasons

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hi Rex, I found a way of reducing the size so I could post them here.  From picasa I email them to myself, then when you open the email click on 'save as'. and put them in 'My documents'  That automatically reduces them, then you can just upload to this site....a bit of a roundabout way, but it works for me.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Attaching pictures isn't really that difficult Rex. Have a look at these help topics
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,36712.0.html

I am also going to ask the moderators to change your email so it is in a form the spambots won't recognise

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
Dear Racy,   :hi:  don't give up I'm sure some nice person on here will give you some advice..... I have a complete phobia with the pics stuff... but even I manage to post stuff occasionally.  Your glass sounds wonderful and you may find that you can use the BMG to identify the stuff you havn't identified yet.   :thup: cheers steph

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Nice eclectic display Ross......  My personal favorite would be the Kralik on the bottom shelf.....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline ahremck

• Members
I reckon my personal favourite of this lot is probably the Reijmyre Owl - it does not show up well in that photo. 

A bit better at http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-14675

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Ross, gorgeous pieces, anything from the bottom shelf will do me fine  ;D  I particularly love the five on the furthest right hand if you're looking to find them a new home  :24:
m

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Hi Rex

Have you tried to resize your photos using the PAINT program?

What I usually do is, after loading the photos to my computer (which will usually be stored in My Document folder), I'll then go and click on the PAINT icon (you can find this icon under your accessories file...the one which looks like a few paint brushes in a container) and resize the photos from 100% to 45%.

Hope this helps

Would love to see photos of your collection.....cos I collect the same sort of things like you do :)

Cheers
Brenton

Offline meegs

• Members
Yep, I'll vouch for Brenton's method of resizing!
Although I have other options and programs available it is much quicker to re size with windows.
Like Brenton I save a copy of my photo to my documents. Then open the copy in my documents by right clicking it and selecting "open with" and choosing paint.  In paint you then select "image" and  then "stretch/skew" and making the same adjustment percentage in vertical and horizontal as this is only a copy of the original image I don't even bother to rename it when I save it. After a few you get pretty good at seeing the image size and estimating the percentage you need to adjust to to get it to 125 KB!
Then it is simple to post here by using the browse/attach button here where your posting by accessing your my docs file and viola open the image!
I have used several versions of windows and so far they are all very similar.
Cheers
meegs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand