Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!
Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 2...  (Read 30555 times)

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
more and more....

Offline Mikael

• Members
and the last ones for now....

I live in a small studio/flat so I am desperately trying to figure out how to display all the stuff. I want to be able to see them ALL. Have to look into building custom made shelves of some sort.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Wow -- great collection! And beautifully displayed!

Incredible what an amount of fabulous pieces can be found within a year if you are in the right country :)

If I would collect Strömbergshyttan, my collection would consist of a single piece (and that would have cost a fortune here).

Michael

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
Thank you. I know what you mean about spending a small fortune.... some pieces sell for ridiculous prices and sometimes I come across some for less. The last shark tooth, the biggest one, I found in an antique store for 10 euros just last week !!!!!

If anyone has something for sale that I am missing, please let me know !!!!

Offline Andy

• Members
Wow! Lovely stuff, who are the faceted ones made by in the 1st photo??
I was thinking how lucky you are to have all those lovely window sills to display them on, but i realise youve
just done the displays for the photos, but they all look wonderful the way you have grouped them together
 :thup:

Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
Thanks, the windows are great for arranging glass, its an old building that I live in. During the winter they are full of crystal, but in the summer I like to have my windows wide open 24-7 to let in the light and fresh air !

The diamond shapes are by Asta Strömberg.

I usually keep them on my glass table top.

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
 :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:   This thread just gets better and better  :thup: well done Astrid.

Mikael - where do I need to take my next holiday?    Thanks - that is a real feast for the senses,  we have been spoilt over the months.  I'm in such a state of indecision that I haven't bought a piece of glass for the last few weeks.  I think I'm moving towards collecting one maker, but which????????????????????????????  Trouble is I want to grab it all... :hug:

Offline ahremck

• Members
What a really nice collection MIkael  :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:.

By the way Rosie whaose pigeons are they amongst the cats (to Spoonerise a well-known phrase)  :24: :24: :24:

Have you come across Martin Evans (Glory Art Glass IOW) whose duck I recently got on Ebay?  Engraved "The Islander's Club Duck 1996".

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
Mikael seeing you have such a large selection of Strombergshyttan I wonder If you can shedd more light on my rather interesting vase.  It seems to be a foorm of intenal crackle glass.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline SwedenMikael

• Members
It looks beautiful. I have not seen this one before, but it resembles the big round i have in one of my pictures. Mine has bubbles in it though.....
I have yet to find some litterature about Strömbergshyttan so I can find out the years and makers of the different pieces I pick up.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand