No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: information request on Reijmyre vase.  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
information request on Reijmyre vase.
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »
There is sufficient of the label remaining so that with the help of Ivo Haanstra's book I can see that this is a piece from Reijmyre in Sweden.    I have looked around the internet a little but don't see anything similar  -  so hoping that someone might know an approximate age and whether this might be from one of the known designers.    Apologies that the base picture is very poor, but can say that it is ground/polished flat with some noticably wear, and I assume that the construction is 'cased' i.e. green over clear.       The four sides are ground/polished -  and the top is ground/polished flat, with edges bevelled and polished.      Height is about 8.25"/210mm.    Quite an attractive piece, and the make up is almost like some of the sommerso pieces from Murano.    thanks for looking. :)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: information request on Reijmyre vase.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
Have a look at this one by Monica Bratt....there are similarities Paul.

http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/preview/jun2008

You may need to scroll down to a red one.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
hello Rosie  -  thanks and yes, there are similarities - a tapering shape with round base etc.  -  a kind of colour blurring into a sort of sommerso look.    Just as a wild guess, I suspect mine may not be quite that old, but it is only a guess, and I may be very wrong, and I notice the labels are different.    Let's see if anyone else cares to share their thoughts. :)         

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »
I like it very much.  :thup: :)

It reminds me of a typical cut-to-clear piece where the coloured layer is thicker than usual.  Love the colour.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand