No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: looks like ikea,but quite weighty?? - ID = IKEA Salong by Johanna Jelinek  (Read 3022 times)

Offline malcyp

• Members
hi,sorry about the bad photo but this vase looks like it could be an ikea design but the weight of it makes me doubt it.
does anyone know this maker.
thanks
malc

Offline malcyp

• Members
Re: looks like ikea,but quite weighty??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
 :o whoops

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:14:41 PM »
Looks like it might be, certainly see plenty of them around. If you keep seeing them in Charity shops then more than likely.

I did see one of the Ikea vases, the one with a bent over neck (copy of a Wirkkala or is it a Sarpaneva design?) sell for twenty quid at an auction. :24:

So hang on to it for a while...... ;D

John

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
I think that is an Ikea piece. Looks like a Pia Amsell design. You can check on their website. www.ikea.co.uk

I agree with John. If you pick it up cheaply enough it will be worth sitting on. I have a few pieces designed by Pia Amsell that are hand blown and quite stylish.

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
This is an IKEA Salong vase designed by Johanna Jelinek - extremely popular range been in production for a long time.
The best glass to buy from IKEA is anything from the Stockholm range - more pricey but tend to be limited production runs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand