No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: possible Walsh 'Kenilworth' pattern.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
possible Walsh 'Kenilworth' pattern.
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »
Acquired very recently, and have been prompted to think that the pattern is Walsh 'Kenilworth' from other comments - plus, of course, the plates in Eric Reynolds book 'The Glass of John Walsh Walsh'  (although the book does show only red, green and blue cased examples - and not clear like these).    Both pieces are factory marked.    Sorry the pics. aren't too good - I really must get a tent.      So confirmation needed please, and thanks for looking. :)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: possible Walsh 'Kenilworth' pattern.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »
Yes Paul  the same as those i have listed i also have four other decanters and different glasses all clear Kenilworth , Eric sent me his DVD but it is AWOL at the moment . PS Just read your other thread Paul i do have Erics phone number if anything pops up , i do also have a Kenilworth yellow uranium vase but i cant find a mark on it but thats not unusual .

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »
many thanks jp  - it is fortunate indeed that the book shows this pattern on a good plate  -  I'd have hated trying to id them from the b.& w. pics. at the back of the book. :)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
...   although the book does show only red, green and blue cased examples   ...

Paul & JP — How about figs. 58(v), 101(v), and 106(i), for instance?

I can reassure you both that once you've been through the pattern books with a magnifying glass 100 or so times you get reasonably fast at it.   AND you start seeing trends and other things such as links between the two pattern books.  ;D

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
Sorry Bernard i dont understand what you are saying  could you explain please , all i have said is you do get clear and coloured Kenilworth and some Walsh glass is marked but not all  :huh:

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
JP — Apologies — I can't see how I can express it more clearly.   I'm not contradicting you at all, but I was surprised that you didn't correct Paul's mistaken impression.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
jp  -  Bernard, I think, is suggesting that perpahps you should have picked me up for implying that Reynolds book shows coloured examples only, and none in clear.    Quote from Paul S.    "(although the book does show only red, green and blue cased examples - and not clear like these)."     Just for the record I had looked through all of the b. & w. pages of patterns  -  but had, apparently, missed seeing them.      I thought I did see something that looked similar, but was unsure, so opted for 'no'.      Obviously, I was wrong  Thanks Bernard, and later I will look at the pattern Nos. you have given.    I just wish I had a set of the cased examples :)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
Its a long time since i looked at the book its AWOL at this time must get it back and refresh whats left of my memory , anyone got any comments on the lighting pannels on ebay yesterday ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand