No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther? - ID = Walther "Windsor"  (Read 7220 times)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Walther? - ID = Walther "Windsor"
« on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »
Last minute rush, just finishing packing for Cambridge, and I found a Walther? vase, u/green, two satin kneeling girls with Marcel waves, back-to-back, holding hands, on a satin base, and supporting an oval flared 8-panel trumpet vase in clear.   Height 16 cm.

Help appreciated with maker, pattern No. / name, dates.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Connie

Walther?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 08:12:16 PM »
Check Cheri's site AlmasAttic.  I think she has one of these vases.

Online Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Walther?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »
Walther Windsor. Pretty desirable and on my wish list. See Pamela's site

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Walther?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Walther?
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Walther?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »
Bernard - if you trace an Oxford clock for me - don't mind the colour!
Same applies to Pierrot+Pierrette boxes ;o)
Pamela

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Walther?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »
and of course P&P clock - any colour!
Pamela

Offline AlmasAttic

• Members
    • Remtique
Walther?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 02:16:24 AM »
I really love these Walther Windsor vases!

I have had a number of them over the years, in green, pink and blue, and had a clock in once that sold within a few hours of listing it.  The pink vase I have in at present is the large one. A beauty!

BTW
Pamela, I was contacted today by a lady who was looking to ID a vase she had just found at an estate sale and it was a blue Schmetterling.
So lovely!
I gave her the link to your site so that she could see your ones and also as she was interested in seeing more examples of Walther.

Offline Bernard C

• Members
Walther?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 04:57:04 AM »
Thanks, everyone, for helping me out at such short notice.   I will reply properly after the fair.

Bernard C.  8)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
Walther?
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 06:38:11 AM »
Connie, Christine, Pamela and Cheri — Grateful thanks for your help.    From your comments it will not surprise you that our very first sale, within a few minutes of the fair opening to the public, was this Windsor vase.   Apologies, Christine, this one didn't have your name on it.

Pamela — I have had a quick look at your website, but so far haven't found images of your wants except for the catalogue illustration of the Oxford clock.   I will have another look later this week.

Bernard C.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand