No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Puzzlement about maker?  (Read 11156 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Puzzlement about maker?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 08:13:24 PM »
Quote from: "angusmacwatt"
Interestingly 5 years ago I sent some photos to a seller regarding both these and he told me they had no real value...

5 years is a long time in Strathearn weights, it is only relatively recently that prices have climbed so fast... about the same rate that published research has been available.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Puzzlement about maker?
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 06:51:31 PM »
Sorry to the other bidders. But I have been looking for one of these for some time, having lost out on one (at a very good price) because I dithered for too long, wondering where it was made.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Puzzlement about maker?
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
:shock: A Strathearn record!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline David555

• Members
Puzzlement about maker?
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »
Hi all

It's rare and of great beauty :mrgreen: - I was going to bid, then not bid - I would have gone to £400.00 (and been pipped), I think it's worth a lot more than that in so many ways.

Meanwhile - congratulations Kev, well even at that price - I know it will help you so much in your study of Strathearn paperweights, Angus wanted a good home for it and that has certainly happened.

I can't wait to see results of any tests / research you do on the weight (if you do any) posted on your excellent site.

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand