No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looking for links to information or info on BAG Vsetin Barovier e Toso company  (Read 15466 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi and welcome to the board  :sun:
I'm very interested to see other images if you are willing to share some of your collection  :)  How are your pieces signed on the bases?  Are they all just the signature, or do some of them also say 'Design' then the signatures?
I can imagine that was a fascinating trip.
m

Offline rkj6032

• Members
All my pieces are signed "design" followed by the name of the designer, some have B.A.G. Czech Republic. I took several pictures of my glass today, I will try and post them tomorrow. I also have a brochure that gives some history of the company. Some of their bigger designers hand brochures that gave a little back ground about them. You can email me if you would like me to send them to you. The glass was designed by the artist then mouth blown and formed by the glass blowers at the factory. This was by no means a production line. Yes, they made hundred of most items. When we visited the factory if you would call it that, it was very small. Each piece was handmade and had it's own unique look. No two pieces where exactly the same. Watching them blow the glass gave you an understanding how much time and talent went into each piece. I have several pieces left. If there is anything you see that you like, you will have to let me know. Most of what we imported was wine, champagne, and sherry glasses. We have a few plates, vases, and bowls. It was very expensive to have it air freighted to the US, so most of the heavier items were pre sold.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you so much. If you could upload the pictures to the GMB rather than linking that would be fantastic.  And thank you for your information.  Your email sign is not open so I can't contact you, but if you would like to contact me via my email by clicking on the attached envelope icon on the left hand side of this message that would be great.
Many thanks
m

Offline rkj6032

• Members
Here are a few pictures of out glass from B.A.G. First two pictures "design" Jiri Suhajek. Last two "design" Rony Plesl.

Offline rkj6032

• Members
These are some of our other pieces. I emailed you their brochure. I hope you were able to open it. First two "design" Shafaq Ahmad. Last two "design" Rony Plesl

Offline rkj6032

• Members
These are some of the pictures we took while visiting B.A.G. in Vsetin in 2001. Notice some of the tools they used, they looked very primitive just like the art of blowing glass. It was extremely hot on the production floor. It was an amazing to watch.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi, yes I received the pictures and was able to open them. Thank you very much and also for the pictures you have posted here - it's great to add some images to the thread  :sun: 
The information in the brochure confirms that Barovier and Toso acquired the majority of BAG in 1998.
It also says that Jiri Suhajek was the first 'creative personality' at BAG and his glassware 'Lighthouse' won the National Designer Prize in 1994.
Many thanks again.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
My vase is pictured on one of the pages Robert kindly sent over and the name of the range is 'Eden'.  Thank you to Robert for finding this topic and providing such detailed information.  It is much appreciated.
I wonder if this topic could be moved to the Czech board when the mods have time please  :sun:  Many thanks.
m

Offline sa

• Members
Keep it up.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Welcome to the board :sun:
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia