No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart Vase with label on Ebay  (Read 1653 times)

Offline MHJ02

• Members
Monart Vase with label on Ebay
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »
I've emailed the seller of this bowl as the label refers to a different shape than the piece he is advertising for sale.   The label states shape V   but the bowl, in my humble opinion, is shape X.        He may not be aware but I've referred him to the Ysartglass.com webpage so he can check it out.  I wait to see if he responds.
 Still a nice piece.
Mary

Offline MHJ02

• Members
Re: Monart Vase with label on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
I have received the following e/mail from the seller......

Hi, Thanks for your email. I have just had a look and it seems to me that the label is right! See the attached link

http://www.ysartglass.com/Moncat/Page03.htm The shape is definitely AB and it seems to correspond to V with a 9 inch diametre at its widest point? The vase has been in one family before I purchased it for 2 generations. I am no expert though and would bow to superior knowledge :-)

So now we know !!!!!
Mary

Offline MHJ02

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:34:19 AM »
Sometimes you can make a right .......up and that's what I have done, so apologies to the seller and to all, I misread the label.!!!!!   What a plonker

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
Plonkers dont come clean . :hiclp:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
.........and people who don't, occasionally, make mistakes..........don't usually make anything.   Your honesty does you credit. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand