No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Flower paperweght  (Read 1444 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Flower paperweght
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
Not normally a weight I would not buy with my limited knowledge but the seller offered them as  a pair along with the Isle of Wight looks well made IMHO base is polished with some signs of wear 3.5" high

https://picasaweb.google.com/107067405711297858658/FlowerPaperweight#5648520070975784226

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Re: Flower paperweght
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »

If it looks reasonably recent, with nice clear glass, I think it is most likely modern Czech (eg Beranek).

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »
Thanks Alan, am I pretty safe to describe it as probably  Czech with a ? of course I appreciate it's hard without a label to give a positive ID on most things just wanted to make it wasn't a Chinese one.

Chris

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
Hi Chris

I'm no legal expert, but I think if you use the word 'probably' and put in a question mark it would be hard to criticise you for having a 'deliberately misleading description'. But as for how much you might get....I sold a similar one to yours last year for around £15.00, I recall, yet a 3 flower in a pot Czech weight I sold last week made the princely sum of £1.25 (and that is before eBay and Paypal fees were deducted...it would have been simpler to give it to the local charity shop!)

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
Thanks again for the advice probably hang on to it a while  ;D

Chris :sun:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia