No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Marcel Franck Cut Glass Perfume bottle  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Cazza

• Members
Marcel Franck Cut Glass Perfume bottle
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Can anyone help me please, looks like Baccarat to me, have found what looks like a VI mark on base. Has anyone any ideas for me please. there are no other marks on the glass parts. Hope someone can tell me if the VI means anything.
Cazza

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Cazza

• Members
Re: Marcel Franck Cut Glass Perfume bottle
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
i cannot see how to add photos so here is a better one of the bottom of the bottle
Cazza

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
hello Cazza  -  nice atomizer - you don't explain your reasons why you think it looks like Baccarat  -  have you seen a picture somewhere?        Unfortunately, your pictures are really not helping with the base mark - you need one of the better qualified photographer people on the GMB to assist possibly.   The French factory did have a numbering system - usually I believe on the base  -  but in the meantime you might find the following link of some interest.
http://reviews.ebay.com/Dating-Vintage-Baccarat-Perfume-Bottles_W0QQugidZ10000000003949353

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »
Hi Paul
Reason i think baccarat, is the quality of the glass, very, very heavy and quality, you just know as soon as you hold it. It is a bootfair find and I just know its quality. Have been searching and searching the internet but cannot find another and also cannot find any information on the VI mark  either.
I took a better photo but this website keeps making me shrink them.
Cazza

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
when it comes to posting quality images of quite small things - such as marks - some people take the picture by shooting through a magnifying lens.    Of course you will need to set your camera to a macro setting to start with, and will need to juggle the lighting but, with patience, you should be able to achieve reasonable results.     Assume you are re-sizing your initial picture down so that the first dimension reads 700, otherwise you get probelsm posting on this board     You might try looking here..   http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html   for some guidance regarding photography.      I don't know that 'heavy, heavy' necessarily translates into Baccarat - but must also admit that I know nothing of Marcel Franck output  -  beyond the fact that apparently they were heavily into atomizers and that they produced some mounts for Baccarat  -  amongst others.   I have a feeling that Baccarat used Nos. only on their glass, but I could well be very wrong with that thought.

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
Hi Paul
I have used macro, i think you have to down load the pics.
I collect and sell lots of glass and i know this is quality, the weight the cut the overall look. I know that Lalique and Baccarat made some of the bottle for Marcel Franck, this is definitely one of the better glass makers
thanks
Carol
Cazza

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »
Cazza your photos of the base are distorted by the fact of a busy background.  You can take phots at a shallow angle so that the base appears light and the writing shows as dark.  See http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,35231.0.html reply #9 where I posed three photos two of which use the shallow angle technique.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
Sorry, this crossed with Ross, but I'll let it run, as there might be something worth having............
yes, down load them onto your own system, of course (in order to resize via IrfanView - or similar).     There seems to be no problem with seeing the marks now, so guess magnification is adequate on this occasion Cazza - but as Ross is suggesting it is the angle and lighting, and you should then produce a good visible image.

forgot to add the email link for Baccarat in Paris, should you wish to contact them direct    patrimoine(AT)baccarat(DOT)fr   -  they have been helpful to me in the past.    By the way, I like the results of your boot sale - congratulations. :)  -  I also have several dozen atomizers (including Baccarat)

Mod: email address changed to protect from spam harvesters. Change (AT) to @ and (DOT) to . to make it work

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Thank you for your replies, will let you know what happens.

Cazza

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »
So far i haven't heard a word from Baccarat. :-(  Not sure if i should send the email again or not  :help:
Cazza

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand