No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue ashtray / bowl - star shaped base  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Helen

• Members
Blue ashtray / bowl - star shaped base
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »
Hello and apologies for being cheeky with this and my next two posts. I'm braving the world of antiques and collectors fairs starting this Saturday and just wanted some last minute help with a few pieces that I haven't been able to identify.

I love this piece (this could be the fatal flaw in my plan as I'm very attached to alot of the pieces I've collected / acquired) and wonder if it's Murano but I haven't been able to find anything similar. It's height is 8cm and the diameter is 11cm. It has these half moon shaped clear glass trails on the side and the base makes a star shape. Any thoughts as to it's maker or era would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

Helen

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Blue ashtray / bowl - star shaped base
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before, looks Czech to me, maybe Chribska?

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »
Chribska... still available in the 1999 catalogue I think. (see Jindrich's site to view the catalogue: http://www.cs-sklo.cz/)  :)

Offline Helen

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »
Thank you, thank you both of you. Just found that page as well Wayne. So possibly not as old as I thought (it's a very steep learning curve!) but I know where it was made now. Really grateful for your help. Hopefully one day as my knowledge grows, I may be able to return the favour. Kind regards, Helen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand