No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stevens & Williams Vase?  (Read 6754 times)

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
Re: Stevens & Williams Vase?
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »
Not sure about posy bowl though.

Why not?  :o

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »
Hi

I didn't think the posy bowl fitted into the 'optic' catergory like the vases. I know little about S&W re this period. If it is S&W as you all suggest all the better.

Thanks Adam

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
While sorting for tomorrow's fair I discovered that I have a horizontally optic moulded Rainbow flared bowl which is a perfect match to my horizontally optic moulded Rainbow vase shown above.   90% of the manufacturing process was the same — it was only at the very end that it was opened out into the bowl shape.   Those still with difficulty seeing different shapes as basically the same might find it useful to have a look at the two tomorrow.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
Although nobody commented to me, I noticed several people looking at my two S&W/RB Rainbow pieces on Sunday at the Cambridge fair.   Below them I had a Whitefriars Twilight (smoke colour) horizontally optic moulded 9094 vase, which looked as if it had been made using the same horizontally optic mould as the two Rainbow pieces.   A little to the left I had a S&W/RB amethyst controlled bubble vase, made using the same shape mould as my Rainbow vase, not dissimilar to Whitefriars controlled bubble pieces like 9391.   I hope someone found this useful.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand