No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nuutajarvi bowl  (Read 3597 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Nuutajarvi bowl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:   Hazel your bowl has a whole level of sophistication that my vase does not have.  BUT mine is ARABIA series as well.  It is by Kaj Franck (see Photos).

I do not know if the Arabia series was designed completely by Kaj Franck - but looking at the quality difference between my piece and yours I would suggest not.  Can't get any help from the usual sources I use, so good luck. 

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
The Arabia label doesn't mean a quality difference -- all Nuutajärvi glass was sold under that brand name for a certain time (Lesley Jackson states this label was used 1971-77 and 1983-87; after 1992 their glass was sold under the Iittala brand name).

Michael

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
Hi Hazel,  sorry you are poorly. :srn:
Just when you are feeling 'more betterer' is fine.....in the meantime, look after yourself, rest and have some nice honey and lemon drinks. :fwr:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline glasseyed

• Members
    • England
    • Bridges Antiques
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
Hi All

I am feeling a little better today - what a yukky cold and cough :thud:

I have the answer - I did a post on the designlasi.com forum (Finnish) and here is the reply I received.

Designer Heikki Orvola, name Kukka (Flower) or Tulppaani (Tulip), the latter name might be given by fans and watchers

I have been meaning to look up this bowl for about two years (needed time off in bed to spur me on - maybe colds have a purpose after all).  :24:

Thanks for your help, Rosie, Ross and Michael (picture of the signature now with the others).

Hazel
Hazel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand