No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: One for the Scotlands glass team, Caithness Poppies Limited Edition paperweight  (Read 1575 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi all
Your website seems to be the only place i can find the Poppies collection. I noticed you didn't have any of the paperweight, so I am happy for you to use the pictures wherever you need to
Also the paperweight appears to be a limited edition of 750 (mine being 42) do you know if the full edition size was made?
Made from alexandrite
many thanks
michelle
5 pictures in link
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/CaithnessAndSelkirk#5650299512215180594

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Very nice images indeed, Michelle - and thank you very much for your kind offer!

You actually find the weight on Scotlandsglass here. It is a rather poor scanned image, however, and difficult to recognise - so your images will be a very useful addition to our image database.

On that page you'll also find the answer to your question: closed at 423.

Your other images would also be nice additions to the database - but if you'd have their names, this would make life much easier for me ;D. Do you still remember their names?

Thank you again, and best regards - Wolf
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
many thanks Wolf, I didnt see it there.
I am more than happy for you to use any pictures that i have (there is also a strathearn/perthshire album
 I will go through the images and see if i have all the details and add it on to my picasa album.
all the best
michelle

Ive just gone through them and added all the information i have on the caithness/selkirk and perthshire/strathearn albums, unfortunitly there are a few gaps, but hopefully that should help you a little
michelle
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/StrathearnPerthshire#
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/CaithnessAndSelkirk#

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Thank you for adding many identifications - I have downloaded your images.

Caithness&Selkirk12 is most likely a Caithness Mooncrystal of 1985 ("style 1") - Green.
For Caithness&Selkirk11 I haven't come to a conclusion - comments from other readers would be welcome.
Caithness&Selkirk26 I believe to be "Starstream", which would be a miniature (ca. 65 mm dia).
The Perthshire Scent Bottle is a PP22.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Yep definatly mooncrystal, I remember it now.
The one you havent come to a conclusion on was definatly Caithness, I just cant find any information on it. If i find anything i will update asap.
many thanks again Wolf, I hope the images have helped
all the best
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand