Author Topic: 2 birds in a tree  (Read 353 times)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
2 birds in a tree
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:48:04 AM »
Hi, i just found these 2 beautiful objects, they are both about 4 1/2" high and really well made. Can anybody give me a when, where, who please. Many thanks Wolfie
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: 2 birds in a tree
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
Lampwork can be impossible to ID. It's been made (and still is made) worldwide for many years, as it only requires a hot enough flame and some simple tools. They don't look like Pirelli or Lauscha or any of the well-known makers to me.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
when I was a lad, at Southend-on-Sea (Essex in the U.K.) - especially during the summer months, these things could be seen being made by little old guys in small cramped booths along the sea front, and selling for probably something like a shilling (what's a shilling I hear you ask...........well don't).       However, in recent months I have again seen them being made on the pier at Brighton (Sussex in the U.K.).    I guess they have been made in almost every seaside town in the country, so as Christine says they are rather universal in origin.    Mind you, how you tell a good one from the 'also rans', I really don't know. :) 

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »
Hi,
 Well one thing is for sure these were not made by a random guy on any pier....................  The quality is superb and on a par with the work of the highest skilled lamp worker.
 Regards,
                Patrick.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com