No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sometimes even I get to score...Zelezny Brod Glass figures  (Read 10357 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Sometimes even I get to score...Zelezny Brod Glass figures
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
Fantastic. Shakespeare figures. I have seen it CGR, but do not ask me the issue number. Great. Congratulations Emil.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Bonsaismurf

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
They are fantastic, aren't they?! I've seen them in CGR as well, as Irecall it it was in one of the later issues (like post -85). I have no idea wether these four are old or not, but recent czech glass is very rare in Sweden although some of the enameled red Egermann-ExBor type of glass have started to pop up on swedish eBay lately. Btw, I their from Hamlet? I bought them at an auction and there were seven originally but two was broken to begin with and one didn't make the shipping unfortunatly. These figures are FRAGILE and will loose a hand or head if you look at them hard enough...

Best Regards
Emil 

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
Lovely pieces Emil. You will have to guard these ones very carefully from damage!!! The last story was soooo sad. The characters are from different Shakespeare plays..... Although British, this is not my knowledge area. I am pretty sure that the beer drinker is a character called Falstaff, from several plays including Henry the IV pt 1. The second I am not so sure, it may come to me. Could the African figure be "the moor" Othello? The fourth figure is usually called Shylock, a Jewish character.... Hopefully others may supply more details.. These figures are great, I like the diversity, I even saw some American football players I thought were great the other day... imagination is the limit I guess for these in terms of design! As a collector there would be so many to aim for,

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand