No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amber Glass Bowl info required if possible ID = Glaswerke Sindorf  (Read 3170 times)

Offline 5kazam

• Members
Amber Glass Bowl info required if possible ID = Glaswerke Sindorf
« on: September 15, 2011, 05:09:18 AM »
I am hoping that someone may be able to give me some info relating to this bowl.  I have been on the internet extensively looking for this pattern in the Depression Glass sites.  Could this bowl pre-dates depression glass.  

Offline 5kazam

• Members
Re: Amber Glass Bowl info required if possible
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
I am surprised that no one has been able to give me any info about this bowl, as so many of you have such extensive knowledge about glass.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:35:40 PM »
Sorry no-one has been able to help,I'm afraid I have no idea,have you tried 'presglas pavilon' a site well worth looking through for this type of glass ;D

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »
Hi! To my mind it definitely looks like a typical 1930-1960 pressed glass dish.  I'm not an expert but let's hope one will come along.
Nancy

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:26:11 PM »
I'm guessing you're in the States 5kazam, as you're calling this depression glass.  It's a bit hard to tell from your photograph, but is this item iridised? (have a petrol-like sheen as Carnival Glass does? :)

I am not a man

Offline 5kazam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
No, I'm not in the States.  I am in Australia.  Aussies too use the expression depression glass.  And no it is not irridescent like carnival glass.  It is straight forward amber glass 10" long x 81/2" wide.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
 :hi: Rhonda, thank you for your email!

Your bowl was made by Rheinische Glaswerke Weber & Fortemps, Sindorf. It appears in their 1935 catalogue on page 27 and was also sold as 'basket'.

see PK

Its name is LIESEL, which is an abbreviation of Elisabeth  ;D

:sm:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline 5kazam

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »
Pamela, Thank you so much for the information.  My mystery is solved
I will see if I can find their catalogue on the net, and look it up.

Offline 5kazam

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
Sorry, didn't see the link to PK, until after I posted my last reply.  Biggest problem for me there is that I cannot read German.  But thanks again Pamela

Offline 5kazam

• Members
Re: Amber Glass Bowl info required if possible ID = Glaswerke Sindorf
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:34 AM »
What I neglected to ask last time is, are these bowls a bit of a rarity these days, and do you have any idea how much my bowl would realistically fetch.
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand