No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large fruit bowl  (Read 2893 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Large fruit bowl
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:57:58 AM »
Hi all - I bought this on a whim as I had never seen anything like it and it had elements of Seguso about it. Anyone seen anything like this?

It weighs 1.69kgs (3lb 6oz) measures 30cm x 30cm (12" x 12") It has some sfumato effects in the aventurine on the base. Tried to show it but didn't come out too well.

regards

Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Large fruit bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
I think it's gold foil/leaf rather than aventurine (copper infused glass powder or chips)

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:55 PM »
I seem to always struggle with that. Still it is another day here in OZ and it looks even better to me this morning. No idea who could have made it and don't really expect any solutions from you all. I spent an hour looking through web sites and didn't see anything remotely like it. :mus:

regards
Archimede tops my list.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
I seem to always struggle with that. Still it is another day here in OZ and it looks even better to me this morning. No idea who could have made it and don't really expect any solutions from you all. I spent an hour looking through web sites and didn't see anything remotely like it. :mus:

regards

:thup: :thup: Nice find!!

I will see if I can find anything.  Funny, I can't find things for my items here --- but then can find stuff for others.  I guess that is Murphy law (or something)....lol.  Will see IF I can find something.

Nice !!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »
I think it's gold foil/leaf rather than aventurine (copper infused glass powder or chips)

Christine - just had a look at your gallery and I just love the 'Crinkly panelled ribbed fruit bowl1' also I am 90% certain that the seguso? shell salt is Archimede Seguso although there were similar pieces from Seguso vetri di Art. A pair of these would be lovely on a dining table. I am looking for a piece to match the one below to make a salt set.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
That fruit bowl is definitely an oddball thing; looks like it should be a lampshade really. I'll re-attribute the salt. Thank you. It was a pretty little thing

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
Well time passes and this may be interesting. Stumbled on an attributed piece of Archimede Seguso that is the same design as my piece. No label which is a pity but a step at least.

I know that you can't take ebay as a definitive ID source but this seller seems to sell a lot of glass. So who knows? Anyway I am feeling better about my stab in the dark, although it has always had a good spot for display as I like it a lot.

Anybody know the seller does he know what he is talking about?

You can see it here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320837313331?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand