No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Finely blown vase with foot and applied handles  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Finely blown vase with foot and applied handles
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:19 PM »
thanks Anita :)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
Yep it is soffiati glass. I have about 40 pieces from SVdA, CVM etc from the 20's/30's. A very good piece glassobsessed and yes Paul i would consider that soffiati. Most tends to be unmarked from what I can tell. A consideration on this piece obsessed would be CVM as to maker due to the colour and also the handles.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
I second CVM - I've had a marked piece with the same handles, although the vase was in a rauchtopaz colourway.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:34 AM »
Thank you Kane and Nic, this is entirely outside of my collecting field so your help is much appreciated.

This one bears some similarities and has a label (lot 3038): http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6121212
Similar but with handles (lot 3043): http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6121217
Others I have found online have feet or handles in a second colour and/or a very similar shape to this one.

I was thinking of bringing the vase with me to the National Glass Fair next month if anyone wants to take a look at it.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand