No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vasart vase  (Read 2011 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
vasart vase
« on: March 07, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »
Hi,
I purchased this nice little vase at a junk shop today. for not a lot D   :D .
Could someone give me some idea of age and value please, it is in excellent condition and stands at 4.25".  My first ever piece of Vasart.
http://i2.tinypic.com/qy7cky.jpg
Cheers
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
vasart vase
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »
Hi Bryn,

Welcome to the obsession of hand shaped glass collecting :)

You will discover that these smaller pieces of Vasart and Strathearn, yours is 1956-64, are not in short supply and they sell from 5 to 25 pounds depending on the wind and how attractive they are. Although this particular shape is less common, V012 on http://www.ysartglass.com/Vascat/VasV001.htm, it has not been found signed, nor by Strathearn yet.

The Vasart catalogues are created by collectors, hence not as many shapes as in the Monart cats, but I do still have a backlog odf submissions to add in.

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
vasart vase
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 06:07:11 PM »
Thanks Frank,
That's great, not bad for 50p then. I thought the shop owner had made a mistake, but he said "you like those marble pieces do you" and hastened to bring out some alabaster vases :lol:  
I said if he had any more of these Scottish marble pieces then please to keep them for me :twisted:
Thanks again,
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
vasart vase
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »
Sorry for the delay, been away for the last 24hrs. :oops:  

I'm a bit confused as to what to collect at the moment, last week it had to be Scottish paperweights, this week Scottish art glass, a couple of weeks ago it was irridescent glass Loetz and the like, but they all seem to find their way onto Ebay in the end. I just had £80 for my 50p Victorian Rose Bowl that I asked about a couple of weeks ago on Glass, what a huge suprise that was, it turned out to be Loetz Astglas. WoW!! :D
I have 2 very full cabinets at the moment so I am going to have to make space somewhere.
Something has to go :!: But what, I love them all, but wan't more :mrgreen: .
Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand