No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandinavian style satin glass lidded box - printed figures decoration & marked  (Read 3970 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Christine.  Ok Cathy if you read this and when you have time, please could we change it to the suggestion or similar in my above post?  Many thanks :)
I'm still trying to decide in my head how big the run  of these might have been.  I'm sure they aren't one offs, but my instinct says that they weren't produced in the long runs of say transfer printed glasses for example.  Both pieces are beautifully made and finished glass wise,  the shape of both doesn't shriek mass produced items to me and the fact that the designers signature is on there just makes me think they may have been short run commissioned pieces?  I'm no further on any more information on the designers, despite Anik's fab info unfortunately.  I may contact the museum perhaps and see if they can enlighten further.  I found one other name that could fit the initials Ljubiša Jovanović Kene (just adding for my future reference :) )

Thanks again to everyone for help and input  :sun:
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
If you can't scratch it, it is enamel. Essentially glass! Line printing you tend to mix the colours you want and then print once per colour. Versace, and similar, scarves have over 40 separate colour printings but they ain't glass. The advantage over screen colour printing is you get the exact colours you want. Obviously with silk screen you are unlimited in colours and nuber of printings... apart from cost and space of course.

I would guess these were probably produced in the hundreds, particularly if selling dept stores. Hope you can track the artist, might lead to the glassworks or at least country of production.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I'll have a go Frank  ;)
Perhaps the museum may be able to help.
I'll post back if I hear anything.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
polite bump for these although not hopeful.
Is it possible to rename the thread 'Naive art - Serbia / Croatia screenprinted figures on glass box ' please?
I've come down to thinking these are possibly Serbian because it seems large hands and feet play a part in Serbian naive art quite prominently.  I've found a possible 'catalogue' listing of a naive art exhibition from 1973 authored by Milica Maširević and Ljubinko Kamatović (Initials which fit this signature on the box) and that date would fit in with the style of decoration perhaps, as it reminds me of 60's 70's Figgjo Flint ceramics dating from that era.  So maybe these are from the 70's perhaps?
But apart from this I am at a dead end.  I have re emailed the museum again and will post if I hear anything this time.
Meanwhile if we happen to have an expert on East European naive art on the board ....please do let me know if you know anything :)  Many thanks for looking
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hi m,  the screen is blank for whatever you have added today....please can you re write it as I have been following this thread and would love to know more?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline selina

• Members
There are a lot of ceramics and glass on this site..including the Bjorn Wiinblad information which says he worked in glass also. I recently sold a jug of his so I thought your glasses looked familiar too. (Maybe not his though) There are quite a few potters on here that worked at the glass companies too. Maybe a look through those? Either way there is some interesting information on there for glassies and pottery lovers.

http://www.richardwallisantiks.co.uk/
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's you Rosie. I have reported it

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Should be fixed now?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
thank you Trudy  :)  I'll have a look through but I do suspect this isn't a Scandinavian maker given the initials.
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Thank you Christine for reporting it and Anne for fixing it...all seems OK now....  they are lovely m,  I will follow the thread as I would like to know the maker too.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand