No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors  (Read 2650 times)

Offline bardonhill

• Members
Orrefors
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »
Could anyone give me any information on this small signed Orrefors vase it stands 85mm high x 75mm square,it has a blue tint.

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Orrefors
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »
You need to do two things to help people help you.  One, a clear photgraph of the base markings.  I find it is best to take them from a shallow angle so that the pattern or thickness of the glass does not affect what you see.  The shallow angle usually gives you a clear result darker than its surrounds.  Second, if the writing is very clear - and only if it is very clear you should write down what is on the base.  Often the writing is somewhat unclrear and it needs someone used to it to interpret it well.  I have attached two photos of the same signature to illustrate the effectivness of the shallow angle photo technique.
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
Oops!  pressed the wrong button - again.

The two photos are attached this time.

Ross

Offline bardonhill

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
Thanks for the info this is photo of base(Orrefors)

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:24 AM »
Thanks for the photo Bardon.  It seems a genuine one to me.  Also it has some age to it as they sandblast or etch the word these days.  I suspect it was a household line as the designer numbers for a more decorative piece are not there.  What you need is for Daniel S. or someone of his extensive knowledge - specifically of Orrefors to tell you more.  Sorry I can't contribute more.

Ross

Offline bardonhill

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
Hello Ross,Thanks for prompt reply and info,and sorry for my late reply been down to London to have a look at and purchase more Orrefors/Whitefriars. Thanks again. Graham. :hi:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand