No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wine hock and Decanture with label of KK Z? does anyone know who this company wa  (Read 3268 times)

Offline jeffreyinge

• Members
I know they were made in germany as the label says. Also in research, I have found the same label with the "Z" saying Zwiesel. but so far no one knows who the KK stands for?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Label does not say Germany. KK can relate to Austrian Royalty = Kaiserlich u. Königlich. And Yuogoslavia might also fit. Only German company that relates is Karl Klur but that did not make such pieces.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
p.s. Zwiesel is a place for following that look at Poschinger, Theriesenthal and Schott.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
The label implies the set has been sold in a German speaking country but nothing of the origins. The KKZ could be a refinery or even a retailer - my personal guess would be one lf the refineries in or aound Zwiesel, Northern Bavaria

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jeffreyinge

• Members
That is fantastic news. i'll start researching those areas. I appologize for saying the label said made in germany, I miss understood my wife in saying the label is in german language.

Thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand