No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart Glass formula ??  (Read 21581 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Monart Glass formula ??
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 08:36:39 AM »
I suspect it must date from the early 1900's, as the Moncrieff telephone number was 711 which would mean that Perth only had a maximum of 999 subscribers to the telephone exchange. This is only my assumption as my knowledge of telephone history is next to nothing. I am hoping some member with more knowledge on the subject can shed some light on it.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
1920s ???
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
Not relevant at all but I thought you might like to see a description of 30 Curzon Street which is a listed building :)
that's a pretty magnificent address to have as your London office - the glass must have looked amazing if it was displayed there.

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-209429-30-curzon-street-w1-greater-london-autho

this is the front of the building
http://www.ebarch.com/projects.php?id=25&view=descr

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »
A bit more info on date of Moncrieff's office in London, the two images below are from the Monart archives in Perth Museum. The important bit is the badge on the heading " NATIONAL SCHEME FOR DISABLED MEN". This scheme was introduced in 1917. This would indicate that the Moncrieff office in London was pre 1917 as the headed note paper with the London address does not have that emblem. Also the later headed note paper is minus the London address.
Thanks for the links flying free, pretty swanky building in an up market area of London.
Gary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
Interesting they should use old notepaper in 1961!!! a bit fishy. Has someone had fun selling to the museum....

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
The provenance of these price lists, according to Perth museum is that there were donated by Betty Reid family after her death. Below are images of price lists from the same source (Perth Museum archives), there is more price lists among the archives.

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »
Some more images.
Gary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
Intriguing, so probably just for internal use. Now who sold Monart in Northern Ireland!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
I like the 1949 amended list with all the changes...and the difference in retail v Trade price...interesting in that the retailer wasn't getting 100% profit. 
Thanks for sharing these - I find them fascinating.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand