No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seller not available to answer question... huh? (PY fountain)  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Seller not available to answer question... huh? (PY fountain)
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
Just thought I'd let this seller know that it is not 100% lead crystal, where do they get these ideas from... clicked other and contact seller:
We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260861016469

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline scimiman

• Members
Re: Seller not available to answer question... huh? (PY fountain)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »
This seems to be a ploy by quite allot of sellers that don't want to answer awkward questions.
Ebay should stop the practice.
If its up for sale then you should be able to ask questions and all Q&A should be automatically seen by all viewers of that lot and not left to the discretion of the seller if they are seen or not.

Make it a rule. If they cant answer questions. Leave it a look for the next piece.
Mike www.abfabglass.co.uk

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »
Weirder, clicked on tell us what you think and got carted of to an eBay PR page using the gay/aids ribbon as a symbol for breast cancer... I know there is a lot of homophobia but that is peculiar! Anyway clicked on something and got offered a question have you bought on eBay with your mobile phone... er not got one was not an option so No... next question was a sliding scale of did that page help you to tell us what you think.... Oh well how could I answer anything other than "Totally ineffective"

It used to be straightforwards to report a seller for stupid practises but I guess as theses stupid practices are now eBay features what hope has one got to be able to be critical. Especially if you don't have a mobile phone... like why would anyone need such a thing  :ho:

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:32:01 AM »
I was able to send your message about lead crystal to the seller.  Strange that you weren't able to do it.  Maybe because he only ships to the US.  There is a point in the sequence where they ask if you found your answer.  Maybe you said yes at that point.  Anyway, I've never been unable to send a question or comment to a seller.  Maybe this is something new.  I'm a seller on eBay and I don't know of any setting that will block me from questions. 

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Offline scimiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
I have found this with sellers in UK so its not an out of country problem. I think it was originally a feature for when you had listed items and then went on holiday etc but has become yet another tool which is misused.  :huh:

Mike www.abfabglass.co.uk

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:09:48 AM »
Good morning all. 

I addressed this question a while ago to eBay, and that message comes up if the seller does not post to your country.
If the seller clicks on Will Post Worldwide, then this message does not appear.

Sometimes there is a contact address at the bottom of the listing with an email address, and in my case I used this to ask the seller if they would post to UK.  The answer was, 'generally no',  but on this occasion as the item was not delicate, they would.

Hope this answers your question.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand