No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium / clear Vase - ID = Cambridge Glass Ivy Keyhole vase #1236  (Read 3191 times)

Offline GGgundam

• Members
Hello, my grandma gave me this vase or what I assume is a vase, I am trying to find out anything I can about it because its unmarked as far as I can tell. The only information I have is that it was probably made in 20th Century in the US. It might have been created in the mid west but that might not be true. It has what I assume to be a pressed glass bottom attached to a Vaseline top. It has no markings that I can find on it so I have no real leads to who made it or anything. I do not even know if its a vase or not but I am going to assume that it is. Any information would be a real help because I have spent many hours using Google and have turned up nothing on this.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Can someone help me ID this Vase?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
Hi there and welcome to the board.
would it be possible to get a photo of the base and a closer, straight on shot of the stem. It definatly appears to be Uranium glass (vaseline).
Are you In the USA ?, It often helps to know where the person is from, gives us a geographical starting place.
Im sure one of the much more knowledgable members will be along and able to Identify it soon
all the best
michelle

Offline GGgundam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
Thanks for replying so quickly. I live in Western Mass (US East Coast). My Grandma lived in Nebraska most of her life and I would assume that it could have been created and or bought from there. Unfortunately my grandma's memory isn't what it used to be and cant be of much help. I have attached some more pictures for you. 

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »
Cambridge Glass Carmen vase, remembered it as it is my wifes name.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
Red faced, Carmen is one of their colours... appropriately red. This is in fact the Ivy bowl

http://chataboutdg.com/forums/ use  search_keywords=ivy*

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Or more accurately Ivy Keyhole vase #1236 introduced 1930 and in production at least to 1950. Interesting article on the stem here http://www.cambridgeglass.org/articles/0104/02crystalball347a.php

Not a rare piece but having the uranium bowl probably adds some interest.

Offline angel2

• Members
Re: Uranium / clear Vase - ID = Cambridge Glass Ivy Keyhole vase #1236
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »
 :angel: :angel:

Frank, you're a fount of knowledge.  :sun:

angel2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum