No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling or Bagley bowl + plinth - ID = Bagley Pattern No 3013  (Read 1782 times)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Jobling or Bagley bowl + plinth - ID = Bagley Pattern No 3013
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
Hi there

I bought this bowl today and hoping someone can identify the maker for me. The shape of this bowl kind of reminds me of other Jobling bowls I've seen in the past, but not in this pattern. On the other hand, the colour of this bowl leads me towards Bagley :(.....Any comments are much appreciated..Cheers and TIA..Brenton

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Jobling or Bagley?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:02:04 AM »
Bagley Pontefract  :)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
Brenton — Bagley and what a fabulous find (complete with The New Mushroom Flower Displayer).   Pattern No 3013

I've never seen the flower displayer or the bowl or even the plinth, and had it not been for the PG ad. of 1 April 1936, I would have suspected that it was a design that was never made.   I regard this set as even rarer than the Pelican statuette flower block.   It is shown in two sizes 8½" and 4½" — yours is the 8½" size.   The captions with the two illustrations are Flower Set 3013/8½" and Flower Set 3013/8½".

I would be grateful for more photographs please, especially of the plinth.

Wow.    :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:

Bernard C.  8)

NB — Bagley pattern names such as Pontefract were introduced postwar, so, as yours was fitted with a prewar Flower Displayer making it very definitely a prewar set, the use of this pattern name is not strictly legitimate in this context.   Best to keep just to 3013.
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Is it uranium?

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Hi Christine & Bernand

Thankyou so much for the ID. When I first bought the item, this bowl came with the frog (as per my other post) and a black plinth which shown in the picture below. The colour and the bowl are NOT exactly matched although both pieces glows under the black light.

The plinth looks like Walther made. There are some wear marks around the flower frog centre holder....could be a pelican figure sitting on top of it at one stage?? Anyway, thanks again for all the help and here are some additional photos.

Cheers...Brenton

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »
And more....

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
I'll post some photos of the flower frog on the other thread...

cheers..Brenton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand