Author Topic: Paperweight with Vasart, Strathearn and Perthshire Canes  (Read 347 times)

Offline daveweight

• Members
Paperweight with Vasart, Strathearn and Perthshire Canes
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »
Hi All,
Here is a picture of a weight I have which is very interesting as the centre cane looks Vasart/Salvador Ysart and this is surrounded by rings of cane from Strathearn and Perthshire.

Obviously a one off piece and I think the maker may have been Jack Allen as he was the only Person who worked at the Vasart, Strathearn and Perthshire factories, the weight has a typical early Perthshire star cut base so it seems this is where it was made and John Deacons told me Jack had a bag of canes in his locker at Perthshire.

Anyone have any other ideas or comments please ?

Dave

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: Paperweight with Vasart, Strathearn and Perthshire Canes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »

Hi Dave.

It has the air of those teardrop shaped stoppered bottles that Jack made with mainly Perthshire canes, some with an 'A' cane at the centre. I have always wondered whether those were made at Perthshire, or at Oban Glass.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com