No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Starry Night meets Chop Suey ??  (Read 7464 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Starry Night meets Chop Suey ??
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Thanks Anita......

Yeah, I still like it and the wonderful colors!!   Also the fact that as least  :24: :24: the label is in such good condition.  This item just made me think about what did they do for Quality control there.....and I am sure that someone once in a while was given an item free, or to have in the family.  Not saying this is what happened to this item -- but it just made me think about it.  It was a topic I could not find any info on the net about.

I still like it, and will keep it.   :) I had some pretty good luck with other things I have found via the net (Eg, The set of working Murano Lamps, now that was a STEAL) so sometimes "Life will throw you a lemon -- but make Lemonade."  That is the attitude I will take with this item, as I have scored on some other items.  I still like it, and sometimes there are deals to be found (which I have) ......and then there is not.

I still like it, and will keep it.  I might just ask the seller if she would return some money back.  That is all I can do -- but if not, then so be it. 

That is life.  It balances out.  With Sunny days, some Rain must fall too.

I am OK with it!!   ;)

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
 :angel: :angel:

:hi: Rose: I absolutely agree with 'Life will throw you a lemon -- but make Lemonade' and 'With Sunny days, some rain must fall too'. That's a pretty good philosophy to live by. Your bowl is very, very pretty, whatever the reason for its 'peculiarities'. Beauty, as it's said, is in the eye of the beholder and THAT is its true value. It's also true with buying AND selling that some you win, some you lose. You just have to make certain that you mostly, if not virtually always, win!!! BUT I hope you made sure to get a part refund  ....   we're not fools!!!!    :X:

angel2

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »

:hi: Rose: I absolutely agree with 'Life will throw you a lemon -- but make Lemonade' and 'With Sunny days, some rain must fall too'. That's a pretty good philosophy to live by. Your bowl is very, very pretty, whatever the reason for its 'peculiarities'. Beauty, as it's said, is in the eye of the beholder and THAT is its true value. It's also true with buying AND selling that some you win, some you lose. You just have to make certain that you mostly, if not virtually always, win!!! BUT I hope you made sure to get a part refund  ....   we're not fools!!!!    :X:

angel2

Thanks.....

They did offer my my money back and I could return the item.  BUT I am thinking that they are going to try to *resell* the item to another.  So I told them that is not right. [ I think they will try to resell as I know they had others interested in it besides me ] So I said that I would not return it to be re-sold .....but was asking for half my money back.

They would not go for that.....so whatever.

Their words -- One moment they thought that was normal pontil mark on the bottom (2 of them ???) and start telling me all about Pontil marks and Murano glass.  So I sent them a email saying "Gee, why suddenly you know so much about Glass, pontil marks in your defense -- but then do not mention it."  I honestly thought it was a *reflection* in the photos, as we see those all the times.  Guess I should have asked IF it was a reflection?  Stupid me.

Anyways, I will not return the item to be re-sold to another......and it looks like they will not give me half my money back.  So be it.  I let them know what I thought of them, and told them I had a conscience that "this item should not be re-sold at all."

IF I have to suck up the cost of this item --- to save another glass person from buying this item if they try to re-sell  --- So Be it.  I will suck it up to save another Glassie from buying this item!!

At least I have a conscience.....

Yes in Life  -- Some Rain must fall (  ...  but I gave them some *thunderous Words* ..... )    

:24: :thup:

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:58 AM »
Rose, you are a bigger person than I. The bowl would have been in the mail as soon as she said "I'll give a refund."
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 02:39:25 AM »
Rose, you are a bigger person than I. The bowl would have been in the mail as soon as she said "I'll give a refund."

:24: :24:  but I still kinda like it, and it *may* be the only one I find --- plus it does have a mint label on it......but also I think they are going to re-sell it, and I could NOT let them do that. 

So the buck stop here on this item.   

Plus, who knows IF I sent the item back, that they would *really* refund my money......then I would have a much larger fight.....then I would have be more P'O, as I would have gotten screwed twice by them.  It was not Ebay, so I did not have any protection either in making sure they gave me my money back.

So I will suck it up.  This item will never be sold to another.  I know I have *scored* on other pieces (like the pair of working Pink Murano lamps for only $100 total with shipping) so I will suck this one up.

Life lesson to me..... :spls: :24:  and sometimes need that to *knock* us back into reality  :-\

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 08:13:48 AM »

:hiclp:

angel2

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 09:04:45 AM »
Sorry...I didn't read all of this due to the excessive words and a long day. But from the pics, I think the damage is from the cooling down process of the glass and the blemishes were polished as best as they could be. Absolutely nothing wrong with the bowl in my opinion as with the hand made nature of glass, there is imperfections in every piece if you look hard enough.

To be honest, I highly doubt the person who owned this would have got these blemishes polished out or fixed due to the expense of it. It would have cost more than the bowl itself.

It is a decent example with a perfect label. The label itself adds value in my opinion. As I have seen, labels can add a good 25% to the value of the glass.

It is a good useful bowl in my opinion with a good resale value...even if you just make your money back...

I think we tend to forget as glassies is...we do it for the love of the glass or piece...not for the resale value. We should be happy if we make our money back when we decide to sell. To enjoy a piece for a for years and then sell it on to another glass lover, should be more reward in itself than making a 50% profit...

But then again...money talks more for most people than the love and joy of owning something that makes you smile when you see it...

-My 2 cents... :phew:

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
Kane, it is a damaged bowl that has had an attempted repair. Fratelli Toso did certain designs. This one would have looked like the link I showed. I have my files in the computer now, so I can add the picture here, too. The pattern is still pretty, but the bowl is definitely damaged.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 03:10:10 AM »
Kane, it is a damaged bowl that has had an attempted repair. Fratelli Toso did certain designs. This one would have looked like the link I showed. I have my files in the computer now, so I can add the picture here, too. The pattern is still pretty, but the bowl is definitely damaged.

lol.....damaged is not the word!!

...but I will keep.  Nothing can say they would even send back my money, in all reality.  So I have no protection as it was not from Ebay.  Think about it, they could be selling, and selling this item to people......then offer the money back.  You sent the item back -- but never get your $$$.  Who knows, that could be the *Next Scam* by sellers.   That is why I wanted only a partital refund back.  They can not re-sell the item.....and I might have just stopped them in their tracks.

Funny, when I told them I would not send the item back and only wanted a partial refund on this item.  Then they sent me an email  *telling* me I could NOT tell them what to do with their bowl........................  I *reminded* them -- it was MY bowl NOW!!!!  >:D >:D

I still like the bowl, as I may never find another.....and at least the label is Mint.   :thud:

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:31 AM »
thanks for posting this Rose, an interesting subject,
if Anita hadn't shown the the other pics I would have been fooled as a buyer,
 except for the double pontil, that would have been a no for me.
martin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand