Author Topic: Peter McDougall = Great value  (Read 937 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: Peter McDougall = Great value
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »

I think the point is, do you want a mathematically precise layout, or something hand made by an artist, showing a human being was involved? It is not a case of right or wrong - just what you prefer.  For darts, I would like a symmetrical, machine made board please! For a paperweight, maybe something a tad more artistic?

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Interesting discussion... me, I would love an assymetrical dartboard maybe I could get more bullseyes  :girlcheer:

The connoisseur loves perfection and that is what cut glass is all about but then when an artist gets the feel for cutting glass some remarkable things happen. So it is fundamentally the old craftsmanship vs artistic expression. Luckily for all there is a much difference in taste as there is arts and crafts.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline Roger H

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
I suppose getting back to the theme of the thread. PMcD, good value for money. Regards Wodger Wabbit.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »
At the 2005 conference Ray Metcalfe put on a display of weights for sale. My daughter then 6 was enchanted and bought her first paperweight - a Peter McDougall miniature for about £10
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand