No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: For green leaves collectors only...  (Read 2953 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: For green leaves collectors only...
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
Well.  I would like a Helennic giraffe carafe, so perchance you see one,  let me know  ;D....in the meantime....'Bon Chance'!!

See,  I have been doing my homework,  and I was right and I would never have thought you were serious Paul!.....Keith don't you think  considering I don't even collect this, it was a pretty good deduction!!?

Ooops, we crossed Kieth!!  Your Grandad might have made this....that is awesome!  Wow!!

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
Rosie, I have a calypto and a hellenic and a swirl but not the night sky pattern yet - still looking for that one! The hellenic one doesn't have those great figures on it - it's just all over vine leaves - mine has a very tiny damage on the lip but for £1 it was worth picking up for its display value. :).

I also have a calypto lemonade jug which is a seriously weighty thing! And tons of calypto drinking glasses of various shapes, in fact I have enough calypto to set a whole table with - plates, bowls, glasses, jugs and serving dishes, candlesticks and more!!! I keep saying I'll have to dig it all out of the boxes and do a table setting and take pics!  :smg:

Keith, I'd not realised that your grandpa and his brother were Chance workers.... now I understand your fascination with Chance even more! :kissy:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
quote from Rosie.........."Keith don't you think  considering I don't even collect this, it was a pretty good deduction!!?".............yeah, but i reckons your only sayin this now to extreekate yoursewf"   >:D >:D

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »
I had an almost complete Hellenic dinner service.  I sold it with all the shed contents when I moved last year.  I just had too much to take with me..probably sold it for about £6.
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand