No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: pressed glass pre 4o's with pictures ID = Rindskopf "Marianna"  (Read 3216 times)

Offline ann morton

• Members
pressed glass pre 4o's with pictures ID = Rindskopf "Marianna"
« on: February 26, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »
http://i1.tinypic.com/okn3vc.gif"

Here are a few pictures of the glass vase I am trying to get some info on.
I am inpressed with the tiny pic thing.It works.
nnie

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
pressed glass pre 4o's with pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »
Hi Annie, Tinypic images have a limited life and tend to vanish suddenly at unpredictable intervals, sometimes even before we've managed to identify the item/s pictured! so although easy to use, isn't recommended for longer term keeping of pics.

To keep pics online with your message can I suggest you use GlassGallery, set up to accompany the board to store just the board users pics, and which are never pruned out automatically (or manually, for that matter, unless you choose to do your own!).

It's easy to use and has the advantages of easy help in one of the albums (Help and How To) and techie help (from me!) if you need it.  8)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:30:33 PM »
It's easy to use and has the advantages of easy help in one of the albums (Help and How To) and techie help (from me!) if you need it.

I think I've worked out how to use it.  I've got an album now!  :lol:   Next, I just have to find how to put a link from it to here.  Next time I put an image on, I'll try it out.   :D
I am not a man

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:42:58 PM »
Max below the image there are several lines of info about the image, one of them is a link URL, copy and paste that into a message on the board and you have your link. :) (Don't use the link in the address bar at the top of your browser as that is a dynamic link and changes when the album is updated!)

PS I think I need to update the Help as that shows using the address bar URL!  :oops:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:49:02 PM »
Annie - I believe your vase is a Rindskopf made item (Czech). The item is known in Carnival (rare) and has been called "Marianna". I believe the pattern is linked to a better known Carnival bowl that has the name "Martha".

It's possible that it was registered in the UK by the International Bottle Company or maybe Jules Lang.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline ann morton

• Members
glass gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:56:40 PM »
Thanks Anne. Ive managed to put the pictures in the glass gallery.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1104

Quote from: "Anne"
Hi Annie, Tinypic images have a limited life and tend to vanish suddenly at unpredictable intervals, sometimes even before we've managed to identify the item/s pictured! so although easy to use, isn't recommended for longer term keeping of pics.

To keep pics online with your message can I suggest you use GlassGallery, set up to accompany the board to store just the board users pics, and which are never pruned out automatically (or manually, for that matter, unless you choose to do your own!).

It's easy to use and has the advantages of easy help in one of the albums (Help and How To) and techie help (from me!) if you need it.  8)
nnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand