No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Beginner collector  (Read 1938 times)

Offline wendy125

• Members
    • http://www.artfv.com/literature/genres/fantasy/
Beginner collector
« on: March 04, 2006, 03:25:29 AM »
Hello-
Six years ago, I fell in love with a vase I saw in an antique shop and my husband and children bought it for me for my birthday. I would like to collect more from the artist but cannot find any information. The vase is made with a light green body and white arms. It almost looks as though there is another layer of glass over the colored glass, giving the colors a "frosted" look. The vase is approximately 18 to 20 inches tall. It's lines are very simple and almost urn like. There is a round, black and white "sticker" on the vase with the words, L'ESPERIENZA DI MANI SAPIENTI and then I PASTELLI. There is also a glass blower in the center of the "sticker." Any information regarding the artist and where I might be able to find more from him/her is greatly appreciated!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Beginner collector
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:53:18 AM »
"the experience of knowledgeable hands" and "the pastels"does not ring a bel. But at least that part is Italian!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand