The main purpose of this site is to suppliment my new book A HISTORY OF GLASSMAKING IN LONDON by building up a picture of the glass houses and important glass working sites in London and its periphery from the 19th century to the present day. I already have a list of sites about which almost nothing is known, some only their names, in need of research.
Other aspects involve:-
1. Updating earlier aspects of glass making recorded in my book and listed on the site.
2. Roman glass working sites.
3. Studio glass working sites.
4. Links to glass museums worldwide (not necessarily linked to London).
5. Book list with information related to the London glass industry.
6. Stained glass made in London.
7. A beginners guide to the history of English glass styles up to the Regency period.
To see the site and contribute go to www.glassmaking-in-london.co.uk
I aim to keep it regularly updated.