No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with signature  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Robbymac

• Members
Help with signature
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
Hello guys and gals

First time poster and short term collector(2 years)i need some help/advice on a piece i bought recently.
It is a vase which has a signed J Lorenc ? i believe it to be Czech,but would like some help identifying it conclusively.I will also post a photo asap
                                                      Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.   RM

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Help with signature
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board  :sun:
We will need pics to be able to help you (saying that someone may come along and know exactly what you are referring to  :)  ) and I'm looking forward to seeing them.  Please could you include one of the base as well?  thanks
m

Offline Robbymac

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »
Hello and thanks for the reply,i am having a little trouble uploading photos,i am not very computer literate im afraid.
I have tried to upload some but i keep getting the message that the files are too big so i will get the pictures sorted and then i will post them.

With this particular vase there is not anything significant on the base,the signature is just above the faceted base.But i will take a pic of the base as well and post that as well.   RM

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
Hello guys and gals

First time poster and short term collector(2 years)i need some help/advice on a piece i bought recently.
It is a vase which has a signed J Lorenc ? i believe it to be Czech,but would like some help identifying it conclusively.I will also post a photo asap
                                                      Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.   RM

Hi there.....Maybe Anne can help you post an image.

It might be the *J* = an *F* or a *K* too......or even the other name *Lorenc* could be *Lorenz*....using Google to search for a similar names of glass maker  :ho:

Just throwing it out there -- so best to see a picture, Please.... :X:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Robbymac

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »
Hello again guys,i think i have managed to upload some photos of this vase.
The signature is not very clear i am afraid but i hope this helps in some way to identify this vase.
          Thanks in advance  RM

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
Looks like am amateur engraver, best concentrate on who made the glass which unusual. dated 1990s by the look of it.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
Looks like 95 to me.
Sorry to ask this as I know photos are incredibly difficult to with glass sometimes, but could we have a side on view of the vase on white and one of the base.  It would then help to see the outline shape more clearly and the thickness of the base etc.
thanks
m

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:54 AM »
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Robbymac

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
Thanky Anne,that is where my delving took me to be honest>i e-mailed JL but with no reply unfortunately.
It is a nice little piece that i did not pay much for so i will take it to my next fair and should be able to move it on for a decent profit.
                                          Once again many thanks RM

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
It looks like engraver Jan Lorenc, his sites seems to be dead, I found another his piece (engraving, not design) here http://netik-art.sweb.cz/prace/71.htm

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand