No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Vase + 2 Mermaids (I think) ??  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Art Deco Vase + 2 Mermaids (I think) ??
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 08:44:04 AM »
And this half-asleep author forgot the link to the 1953 catalogue

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
 :angel: :angel:

Sold pristine one in pink and VERY disappointed with the price achieved. Had to drop price to get interest. Must have listed not nearly as well as I should have done. Posted it off with a very bad grace (buyer doesn't know - they were over the moon unsurprisingly!). Lesson learned but not quite sure what! (Still; fattish profit made so shouldn't grumble ......  changed mind, going to ....    :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:).

angel2

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
:angel: :angel:

Sold pristine one in pink and VERY disappointed with the price achieved. Had to drop price to get interest. Must have listed not nearly as well as I should have done. Posted it off with a very bad grace (buyer doesn't know - they were over the moon unsurprisingly!). Lesson learned but not quite sure what! (Still; fattish profit made so shouldn't grumble ......  changed mind, going to ....    :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:).

angel2
For what its worth I had the same situation with a nice one in blue & it was an older one with a ground & polished base as I was informed the later ones did not have the flat ground base. Looks like a million bucks Deco, but interest for some strange reason isn't there...probably because they were reissued later on. Ken

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
I sold a blue one too.  I still regret selling it, I wish I'd kept it.  Nice find Rose.   :cry:
I am not a man

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
For what its worth I had the same situation with a nice one in blue & it was an older one with a ground & polished base as I was informed the later ones did not have the flat ground base. Looks like a million bucks Deco, but interest for some strange reason isn't there...probably because they were reissued later on. Ken

Ooooops, guess I should post a bottom pic here.....if that makes any difference

(whoops......I do not have one) will take one today.  Thought I had one....will do later. 

Also will take a pic of the frog inside it as I assume that is the correct one for it??  It has some damage to it, but the vase is A-1 Okay!

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »

Not sure about that logic as most of the Walther pieces were reissued and yet a lot of them consistently fetch very high prices. Personally this is one of my favourite Walther pieces but I don't own one (yet).
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
will take a pic of the frog inside it as I assume that is the correct one for it??  It has some damage to it, but the vase is A-1 Okay!

The oval 'frog' for this vase is the same one as for the Schmetterling and the Greta vases.  They are generally a 'good enough' fit, so I have no doubt yours is right  :) 

It's a beauty!  Well done!   :hiclp: 
Leni

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
Well it just might be a U.S. deal because Deco glass (non-lamp) is just so-so over here. Now Deco metal and/or glass lamps is another story entirely in the U.S. as they are in high demand & are relatively numerous. Frankart, NuArt & just about any older Deco lamp move very well. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand