No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Info needed on vase signed TRAUB. - ID = David Traub at Pilchuck USA  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Alton11

• Members
Vase is about 8 inches tall. Is pearl white with blue and signed Traub 11/80. Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this glass artist. thnx for looking.

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Info needed on vase signed TRAUB.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:47:04 AM »
Can't help with the artist - but it is a typical position a USA artist signs in.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline gaspy1

• Members
    • New Zealand studio glass
    • New Zealand
    • New Zealand Glass
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 06:22:55 AM »
David Traub came from the UK to teach glass in Whanganui, New Zealand in 1996, and he still lives in New Zealand.  He was born in New York, and graduated in art and photography from East Texas State in 1972.  As far as I can tell his first glass involvement was at Pilchuck in 1980, so this could be his.  He subsequently did a one year course at the Royal College of Art, London in 1984, and gained an M.Phil at Stourbridge in 1989.  His signature on pieces I have of his does resemble this.  I am in email contact with him, so if you like I can email him your details and if he wants to follow up, he will.

Visit my Glass blog at http://newzealandglass.blogspot.co.nz

Offline gaspy1

• Members
    • New Zealand studio glass
    • New Zealand
    • New Zealand Glass
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
David Traub has now confirmed that this is a piece he made.  He said:  Hi Stuart, I started making glass in 1973 but I did go to Pilchuck in 1980 and while I do not remember that piece of glass it certainly is my signature.  In those days I was making several thousand pieces each year so it is not suprising I would not remember each one.  Hope that helps.  David

Visit my Glass blog at http://newzealandglass.blogspot.co.nz

Offline Alton11

• Members
Re: Info needed on vase signed TRAUB. - ID = David Traub
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 02:00:49 AM »
thanks so much for the info. several thousand a year sounds prolific.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand