No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: please help ID  (Read 3985 times)

Offline casalibre

• Members
Re: please help ID
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
I do not need this friendly GMB anymore!
Thanks for the answers.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 01:42:30 AM »
I do not need this friendly GMB anymore!
Thanks for the answers.

Hi casalibre:

Anne (the MOD) here was trying to help you.  What would the board be like IF everyone posted topic said "Please Help ID".  It would be a little boring.  Anne was clearly asking that you make the topic heading more Descriptive like maybe:

~ Murano?  Gold Flakes
~ Please Help ID?  Fratelli Toso maybe?
~  Fratelli Toso, or Not ?
~ Bowl with Silver Flakes in it

...etc...etc....

That way the people that are into that type of glass will look at it.  I has a lopsided glass Bowl one time and I figured it was a good piece of Glass, so to *catch* people eyes I joking put the title as "Glass on Drugs??"  because it was lopsided.     Then lots of people *wanted* to look to see what my piece of glass might be.   Just like on Ebay, you *upsell* your description of an item so the title will catch people eyes.  That was all Anne was trying to do.  We all started here at one time, and I think you owe her an apology, IMHO.  I like to make my titles as *catchy* as possilbe.  I just posted an topic here entitled "Starry Night meets Chop Suey".  As lots of members KNOW starry night is a Fratellli Toso piece....so they wondered about the Chop Suey part.  Have some FUN with your Topics, as we are a non-violent group here.  WE like to laugh, and be a friendly people  :24: :thup:

Now about you bowl.....

I am not sure if it is Fratelli Toso or not......but I do believe it is Murano.  For some funny reason AVEM as the maker pops into my Head, and I think this *might* be called Tutti Frutti -- but I am not sure.  This is only my educated *guess* here

http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/1699/murano-freeform-tuttifrutti-bowl-attributed-to-avem ???????????????

Again we do not give prices here.  Once a person has an ID they can research *variable* prices on the Net from High to low -- and go with what they feel comfortable with.    If you sell on Ebay, I do hope you are not rude to buyers if they ask for simple questions too about any item, or WHY you have the title listed as such.

I hope that Helps some for your bowl......and I really think you should give Anne (our MOD)  :no: here, an apology.    We are here to enjoy the Board !!! :kissy:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:13 AM »
You're right, Rose. It is Murano. These type bowls can be difficult to attribute once they lose their labels. Some of the companies that made them include AVeM, Ferro Italarts, Fratelli Toso, and a company that made glass for JICo. I usually don't even try to attribute them, just call them Murano tutti-frutti or cane scrambles. They aren't selling for much right now in the US, casalibre, but the market in Europe is better. Most of these bowls were made in the 1950-early 60s, so they are good vintage glass.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »
if its the language you dont understand here is a conversion site
wenn sein die Sprache, die Sie nicht hier verstehen, ein Umwandlungsaufstellungsort ist

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Offline casalibre

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
OK
Now I am understand:
I have to make the topic heading more descriptive, this was my fault.
Scusi!
I presume also what texsilver presumes, that the item is Arte vetraia Muranese/AVeM  or Toso.
Many thanks

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »
'Scusi' accepted Lenotschka,  :)  and I hope you will visit again soon.  :hi:
You might be able to help us with some of the German glass questions here.  :sun:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »
Titles help immensly...people are time poor these days so something that says 'I should look at this' helps with people like us...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand