No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fostoria made in Romania  (Read 11831 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Fostoria made in Romania
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:01 AM »
Hope you get a response, but don't hold your breath. Lancaster Colony owned the Fostoria name & imported stems/decanters...you name it from Romania for the outlet stores for several years. They simply slapped Fostoria labels on everything they imported which was perfectly legal since they owned the name & frankly I would be very suprised if anyone can provide info on all the stuff LC imported from Romania & sold in the outlets.

Offline JimM

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • fostoria
    • United States
Re: Fostoria made in Romania
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 04:02:53 AM »
The pattern I have from Fostoria from Romania is called Galleria.  It was imported by Fostoria in the mid 1980's, but I have not found out when it was discontinued.  It is still available under the Milano name, and is made in Romania in a variety of colors.  It is widely available today, and still being produced.  That is what I have discovered so far.  It is my new pattern to go with my Noritake Goldcroft china.  It reminds me of the Arizona sunset.  I have chosen the Glamour Green to go with the Noritake Bambina pattern, and the Debutante pattern for the Noritake Maya pattern.  Just FYI.  I will post more about the Galleria pattern when I find it.  I am not aware of any other patterns imported by Fostoria from Romania.  I think Princess House was imported from Germany, but not sure.  What I did was look up crystal stemware on ebay, and went through the 4000 items.  It is possible that your pattern is still made in Romania under another pattern name. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand