No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???  (Read 7193 times)

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
Didn't they (Riihimaen) have 'Finncristal' labels on their export pieces?

Yes, they did. I have a Pala vase with a Finncristal label on it.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
*phew*

Not just me inventing things in my head, then!  :lol:

Offline David555

• Members
RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 03:02:43 AM »
Pinkspoons - well spotted ref the eBay auction

Good thread link. Two of the vases are exactly the same as one this post is about. I have owned these in varying shapes over the years

After seeing an advert Ivo showed on this forum I agree with him 'Elme Glasbruk' - I think these could be a good investment when information and labelled items by Elme starts appearing (like in Miller's :roll: )

I think the guy selling the items says maybe Holmegaard - why not maybe Riihimaen - ref this discussion - ah well LOL

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »
Quote from: "David555"
I think the guy selling the items says maybe Holmegaard - why not maybe Riihimaen - ref this discussion - ah well LOL

Unfortunately Holmegaard has become the keyword to have for brightly coloured cased glass on eBay at the moment.

The 'FOREIGN' label from the bottom of my vase:

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: RIIHIMÄEN LASI ???
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »
Just updating a couple of old threads about these vases, for anyone that comes across them when searching for an ID like I did once..

Turns out they are not Scandinavian or German, but Japanese, see here for one with a label:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,39516.msg226141.html#msg226141

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand