No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Italian Glass Label ID  (Read 2240 times)

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Italian Glass Label ID
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »
Does anyone recognize this partial label?  I found it on a sommerso type decanter.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Italian Glass Label ID
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
Can we move this to Murano so it doesn't get lost here???

Looks good...the label looks mid 60's plus...I have never seen this label before on a piece like this...I would add this label to the Murano library as well...

I would also add a base shot pic and a pic of the sommerso section...

Looks like it has a neodyium added???...does it change light under flurou lights???...

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:54 PM »
Two pics, as requested.  I will have to check and see if there is any color change under a black light.....
I don't believe it is a Murano piece.  The base is not hand polished like other Murano pieces i have seen or own.

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:49 AM »
This is Collezione Glass Line.  Here is a link to an ebay auction for perfume bottles with the label intact and pamphlet:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Murano-Italy-Art-Glass-Perfume-Bottles-Soft-Blue-Floral-Stoppers-Calezione-/140638102496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20beaf23e0#ht_3148wt_968

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand